Monday, November 13, 2006

Project Description

OK, I consider my project as a preparation for the ten minute documentary I'm going to create later. The main theme is immigration and how changing cultures affects people. In my first project, I'm going to approach it from poetical/metaphorical point of view. For me, moving to the new country coincided with the process of growing up, that was quite painful. Thus, I may also reflect on the aspect of moving from childhood into adult life. The process of becoming adult was very dramatic for me because it happened very rapidly and was accompanied by the culture shock. Right now I'm trying to come up with some interesting visual images that will reflect on that, and also some narrative.

On my list to watch:
"Nostalgia" by Andrey Tarkovsky-a film about Russian immigrant who lives in Italy.

No comments: