Saturday, March 17, 2007

Drive By



It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon when I made it there. Here are the artists that I liked:

Bruce Gray (www.brucegray.com)
My favorite pieces are "High Heel Shoe#1" and "The Big Cheese #3" I think there is something about the dimentions of the work: It is interesting to see the small objects that we use everyday made as a large-scale sculptures.





Stuart Rapeport
Title: (choose from the following)
1. "School"
2. "Fish out of water"
3. "Don't Bite off more than you can chew"
4. "Bait"
5. "Fishwatch"
6. "The Stalker"
7. "The Infinite Patience of the Feline Eye"
8."Crouch"
9."Stay focused"
10."Look at the book picture"
11."Curiosty killed the cat"
12."Individual, family, friends, community, nation, world "
13."A dozen fish one cat"
14."look before you leap"
15."Safety in numbers"
16."Stay in school"
17."Bait and switch"

I chose #19.“Mother told me there would by days like this". Even though my mother never told me this, I still want to believe it. Especially now.



Farzad Kohan
Title: Puppeteers
Mixed Media 2006

Somehow this piece made me think of my current job at the company.

No comments: